If you work all day, there are a couple of options to help you with your puppy. Dog day care is one; crate training with a dog walker coming to your home several times per day is another. How do you decide which one is right for you?
Choose dog day care if:
1) your dog has destructive behaviors such as excessive chewing or barking when left home alone.
2) your puppy gets along well with other dogs.
3) your puppy has been fully vaccinated (usually by about 4 months old).
4) your dog comes home happy from the dog day care experience.
A professional pet sitter or dog walker might be better for you if:
1) you prefer your pet to remain in your home in their familiar environment.
2) your dog has not been fully vaccinated yet or you prefer to delay vaccinations for health reasons.
3) you want your puppy to have individual attention and play time at regular intervals throughout the day without the distraction of other dogs.
4) you want your puppy to learn good behaviors through positive reinforcement and not to pick up bad habits from other dogs in a large group setting.
5) you want the benefits of crate training as part of your pup's house training routine.
Priority Pets offers dog walking in Jackson, MS metro area as well as pet sitting while you are on vacation. Have more questions? Call or contact us today!