Pet sitting or dog boarding? Which is better for my pets when I am out of town? Not every pet owner has the same needs. This article is written to help you decide which is best for you.
Dog boarding or kenneling may be the best choice for you if ...
1) Your dog chews up furniture when you are out of the house. If you've seen Marley in the movie, Marley and Me, then you know what I'm talking about.
2) Your dog's separation anxiety causes him or her to howl incessantly when you are away.
3) Your dog may enjoy the company of lots of other dogs. If the boarding facility you choose offers doggy daycare, this may be an option for you.
4) You have only one dog and it is ok that he is kept in a cage most of the time with potty breaks outside several times a day. The barking of other dogs doesn't bother him.
Pet sitting may be the best fit for you if...
1) You have multiple pets in your home. Kennels have a fee per each pet. Pet sitters, on the other hand, have a fee per each visit to your home. A pet sitter in your home may actually SAVE you money if you have multiple pets.
2) You enjoy the convenience of having someone visit your pets in your own home. You don't have to load them up, drive to drop them off, and pick them up during kennel hours.
3) You want to avoid your animals being exposed to other viruses that are going around.
4) You know your pets would be happier sleeping at home in their own beds.
5) You believe your home would be more secure with someone coming and going or staying overnight with your pets.
6) Your dog does not play well with other dogs that are not part of his family.
Call us with any questions you may have about pet sitting versus dog boarding in Madison, MS.