Emergency checklist for your pets:
- Store enough pet food and bottled water to last 72 hours, preferably one week.
- Prepare a shelter or evacuation kit for your pet to include: unbreakable feeding dish, vet records and contact information, leash or restraint, medications with instructions, pet carriers.
- Keep your pet's ID tags up to date with your pet's name, address, and phone number, and immunization tags.
- If you are traveling without your animals, make sure your pet sitter is notified if you are delayed out of town by an unforeseen disaster.
- If you must evacuate your home, take your pets with you! Or make arrangements with someone to be responsible to care for them. Your pets are depending on you to care for their needs.